Newport City Hall
2060 1st Avenue
Newport, MN 55055
Pay at City Hall
The City of Newport bills its residents for water usage on a quarterly basis. Payments are accepted via mail, at City Hall by check or cash or at the drop box located next to the front door of City Hall.
Click here to pay online. Residents and property owners can pay their bill through their bank checking or savings account without a fee. The fee for using credit, debit or PayPal payments is 3.3 percent (+ $0.50 for payments under $100). Utility bill payments can be made by calling 1-877-885-7968 for an additional $2.95 fee.
- Water is the amount to ensure water quality and maintain water pipes, wells and reservoirs
- Sewer is the amount to maintain city sewers
- Street Lights is for the expense of all street lights and stop lights to pay Xcel Energy charges
- MWCC is Metropolitan Waste Control Commission (cleaning of the sewer water to be put back in the environment)
- Storm Water is to maintain city storm ponds and storm drains
Moving? How to set up or cancel an account.
If you are moving in or out of Newport, please contact City Hall at 651-459-5677 at least a few days prior so a final read can be taken.